Yosemite Valley

Yosemite Pano

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

LBA Lens Buying addiction


My new camera came with an 18-55mm lens, its a nice starter lens, kinda wide, not too zoomy, its sort of the equivalent of the old film 35-80mm general purpose lens... I also have a 50mm, 28mm, and a 28-135mm from my old film camera. Sounds like I'm well kitted out eh? Well since Pentax has been making Auto focus zoom lenses since the 80's there's a decent amount of them that are perfectly well suited to my new camera! And old lenses are great for being artsy, but an auto focus lens is going to help make some great shots I'd otherwise miss, and Craigslist, is so easy to troll for deals!

So my first acquisition was actually a fairly new lens, a DA 50-200mm lens. These actually come as part of a 2 lens "kit" bundle with certain pentax cameras. A great budget Zoom, especially considering I paid $85! I've taken some pretty nice shots with it, and infact I really like it as a Portrait lens.

My second new toy is a 75-300mm Pentax, I just got it tonight, so kinda hard to give you any first hand reviews, but it definitely has a nice spy on your neighbor kinda feel to it! this one was 80 bucks!

Next new lens will be the spendy one! I've been researching the hell out of. I want a wide zoom lens. a 10-20mm Sigma or a 12-24mm Pentax. Both are corrected wide angles, both are more than the cost of my camera body!!! So for now I count my pennies, and troll craigslist for more cheap and fun glass to spy through!


1 comment: